I have seen many people on Google and Quora asking How do I plan a travel itinerary?
For example (source: Google search):
Based on what I have read, everyone I have talked to and my own experiences, I think most DIY travellers’ trip planning process looks somewhat like this:
- Pick a general direction (e.g. a country or specific region)
- Do your pre-trip research – which cities/towns to hit, what is there to do, where to eat and stay etc
- Put together a wishlist and pin them on a map
- Work out how long it takes to travel from A to B and how long you need for each place and sort these details into a day-by-day itinerary
- Once you can confirm your travel dates, book everything or at least the key items (e.g. flights, hotels, the must-go sights and restaurants).
- Save down booking details and documents and keep fine-tuning your wishlist and trip itinerary
*Sometimes some people book their flights and hotels first then work out the details which is perfectly fine too.
So how does Pebblar make your planning process easier?
Disclaimer: we don’t do offer content or booking. There are already many well-established platforms for recommendations, reviews and booking e.g. Instagram, Youtube, Tripadvisor, Hotels.com, Expedia, Kayak, Skyscanner, the list goes on, plus the good old fashioned family and friends! We really don’t think people need another platform.
Step 3, 4 & 6 is where we come in. So basically, Pebblar is your one master tool to store and share all your trip research, booking details and itinerary!
With all the technological advancements we have today, most DIY travelers are still switching between Google Maps and Microsoft Word. It is messy and inefficient. It is even worse with group trips when you have to collate everyone’s inputs and keep everyone updated, especially if it involves people from different parts of the world.
Pebblar has combined the core functions of Word and Google Maps into one collaborative map-based workspace, so you and your friends can now map out all your trip ideas and create a detailed itinerary in one place and in real-time. Then, when people are on the trip, all their trip information would be in one place (Pebblar mobile apps) accessible anywhere even without internet.